Supported Operating Systems
We recommend you install the latest service packs for the supported operating systems.
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
- We recommend that you update to the latest security key drivers (if a security key is fitted).
- You may experience problems with the driver supplied by your graphics card manufacturer - check for the latest driver updates on the web site for your card.
- EDGECAM will install and run on the 'home' edition of these operating systems. However this is not recommended and we cannot guarantee to fix any EDGECAM issues specifically related to these operating systems.
- The Sentinel RMS license server runs as a system service on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server up to and including Windows Server 2019. Sentinel RMS network licenses can be installed on virtual servers provided that they are locked to a Computer ID USB key. Standalone (single seat) Sentinel RMS licenses cannot be locked against the Computer ID USB keys for use on a virtual server.
- It is not recommended to have multiple EDGECAM versions installed on the same computer when the user has limited rights or UAC is ON as this may potentially cause problems with Simulator.
- Domain Controllers are not supported for ToolStore Server and EDGECAM due to SQL limitations.
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Vista and Windows 8 are no longer supported by EDGECAM.
- Windows 8 RT is not supported by EDGECAM.
SQL Express 2014 has a memory limit of 1 GB and a Database size limit of 10 GB. Performance issues may arise if the database is near this limit. To avoid these issues, if several job images are required, we recommend that they are not stored in the database. Job images can be extracted from the database using a command line option (tsadmin /ExtractJim) which will extract the job images to the ToolStore support folder, JobImages. Please ensure that the server has enough memory to handle the database, if it is not an Express version.
- Dual core CPU; Quad core recommended.
- 4 GB of RAM.
To make the most of background processing and multi-threading, we recommend 2GB RAM for each processor as a minimum.
Please ensure the latest WHQL certified driver that supports OpenGL 3.3 for the card is installed.
Note: Some older cards in the ranges above may no longer be supported. Please check the relevant supplier to see if an up to date driver is available for your operating system:
Other graphic cards may work, but are unsupported.
- 10 GB free disk space for the EDGECAM installation
- Graphics cards - Driver requires OpenGL 3.3:
- NVIDIA Quadro range
- AMD Fire Pro range
- AMD Fire GL range
- Intel HD range – Iris 540, 5500, 5000, 4400, 4200
- 17" Colour monitor (1280 x 1024 screen resolution)
- Mouse including wheel (Intellimouse)
- SpaceMouse/SpaceBall (optional)
- Network card
- Internet Explorer 11 or above
- Internet connection for license activation/updates
- USB port for the EDGECAM security key (unless using keyless licensing)
Minimum Hardware Specifications
- Windows 10 - 64 bit:
- Only Professional versions supported.
- The processor chip must support the SSE2 instruction set:
- All 64 bit processors support SSE2.
- Graphics board supporting either OpenGL or DirectX:
- Minimum 1920x1080 resolution.
- Supporting at least 65,000 colours.
- OpenGL graphics cards must support OpenGL 3.0.
- DirectX graphics cards must support DirectX 9.0c.
- 4GB RAM.
Recommended Hardware Specifications
- Windows 10 Creator edition onwards.
- Graphics: 512MB+ onboard RAM.
- ATI FirePro series or the NVidia Quadro series with latest drivers.
- 16GB RAM.
- SSD HardDisk.
Recommended Hardware Specification for Reverse and Data Acquisition
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- 64GB RAM
- Intel Xeon processor @3 GHz or equivalent.
- NVIDIA Quadro P5000 with 5 GB memory.
The ToolStore Server installer will install the following items if they are not already present on your system:
- .NET Framework version 3.5 SP1 (includes .NET Framework version 2.0)
- .NET Framework version 4
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Setup
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Setup
The Live Job Reports Server does not support Windows XP or Windows Server 2003; only 7 / 8 and Server 2008 up to 2016 are supported. The Live Job Reports client requires one of the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome 28 or above
- Firefox 22 or above.